Thursday, September 10, 2009

Doll Body Comparison.


I had a request to do a comparison between the bodies of the more popular dolls. Since this is not something I normally bother with, I am going to apologize hardily for the photos. I'm afraid I just stuck the dolls on a handy surface and did this as quickly as possible. The results are a bit embarrassing for both myself and the dolls! At any rate .... here you see the Tonner switch-foot body with the reg. bust (Charlotte is wearing a wig ... and not her best one.). Antoinette (who was in the midst of a photo shoot and did not remove her jewelry). Urban Vita, and Gene on a WuBody.

Since it is virtually and really impossible for me to do something simple, I then decided to show the dolls sitting and posing. I sometimes wonder if I should be under care.


Antoinette had on her hooker shoes and had to swing her legs to the side a bit.



Now I'll make a personal comment or two since I'm here. I can't stand stands. I say that somewhat in jest because of course they are useful. But I can't stand dolls photographed on them. I try never to use stands when I'm doing a shoot because I don't think the poses are as realistic. Now. That is just me. But you can understand that balance is VERY important in my world!

My dolls are all my mini-actors. I like them to be as "human" as possible in photos, so the ability to assume life-like poses is very high on my scale of "must-haves". That said, a few comments.

Gene has a pretty body and poses so much better than she did for years when she had slipped behind the crowd, but I'd love even more. The Tonner switch-foot body is great! I love the ability to have a doll in flats or heels, and the rotation of the foot makes it very easy to balance the doll for photos. Antoinette is a joy. She has the most beautiful (in the Cameo) vinyl color I've seen. She balances well and poses well. Urban Vita. She wins posing hands down. Her vinyl is not as pretty as the other girls, but it really is just fine. I'm looking forward to having her own shoes for her, but even in borrowed shoes she seems to balance well. And she cost me $107 and that includes shipping from HEA. Such a deal! Antoinette was a bit less, but she only came in undies and hooker shoes (both very cute!!) and Trixie (Vita) had a whole outfit.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post. I love doll body comparisons, especially when they involve Urban Vita, my favorite. Very informative; great photos.